Tuesday 21 May 2013

Busy Bee



I have been busy again, which is so good for me. I become addicted to birds. It all started with those birds ornaments I was preparing for International Women's day, and as always, the more you work on something - new ideas flying through. I decided to create some more new faces, this time I carefully finished them off. I added nice details, and worked on noses, eyes, mouths as well. The biggest one, the one with the bird is going to be wall decor for now, but I am going to make another one for myself, as a necklace.
 




With my first birdies I used old faces I made looong time ago, and never used. With the new ones I experiment a bit with paints and glazing just now to see what will look best.



After a few layers of paint and golden distress it looks like it is made from wood, has this shabby chick feel about it and I love it. I am going to hang it on my kitchen wall.



This is my first "try out" series, I hope you will like it. It gives me such a joy to make them...I am still waiting for the rest of the components to arrive. I bought some nice gemstones to finish them off. I can't wait!




No comments:

Post a Comment