Sunday 15 May 2011

skill

"(...)Confidence is a trait that has to be earned honestly and refreshed constantly...
You have to work as hard to protect your skills as you did to develop them(...)
".

Another day, I have to say I feel quite overwhelmed by the amount of work which is in front of me. I am maybe too aware not of my current manual abilities but more where I want to reach and how far is that.

"(...) Skill gives you the wherewithal to execute whatever occurs to you. Without it, you are just a font of unfulfilled ideas. Skill is how you close the gap between what you can see in your's mind eye and what you can produce; the more skill you have, the more sophisticated and accomplished your ideas can be.(...)"
Thank you Twyla for the reminder!
I have to admit, I've lost my manual skills on which I worked really hard...I think it's even harder when you have to go back and start all over again but on the other hand the process itself this is the best part!

I have mentioned before about one of my projects I am working on, stylized Pierrot faces, but I have decided to put this off and first concentrate on developing more sophisticated skills with polymer. I don't want those faces to be simple, I don't mean simple is bad, definitely not in the way I see it. At the moment, my simple designs are not my sophisticated choice but my only option (I don't have the skills needed to make them as I want them to be, at least - not yet)...

These are two of the old ones I did six months ago...I gave them away as gifts to my dear friends:



These two are some kind of a start to deep in. With my confidence growing I will be adding more on the way to test new techniques and designs.

No comments:

Post a Comment